Monday, May 20, 2013

I Love This Country!

Hello everyone!!

I am so excited to write this week.  I have very little time to write because Norway has been in full swing as of late.  Last Monday, I was unable to write an update because we had our P-Day on May 17th.  Here in Norway, May 17th is like the 4th of July, but in my opinion even better!  The Norwegians dress up in bunads, along with dressing their children up, and there are awesome parades.  I am completely in love with this country!  They had parades where the children in schools were going down the streets, a parade for graduating seniors, and a parade for various clubs that are offered here in Norway.  It was so amazing to see and even more fun to do our cheer!  We met up with the members here and did a lot of yelling (I ended up losing my voice a little bit).  I was having way too much fun that day - then we headed out to a dinner with a family from the ward.  So many great people here who live in Stavanger, Norway.  I love this place very much and wish I could stay forever.  The work was hard for the week and a half we were doing straight, but the past several days have more than made up for it.

Today, we hiked Prekestolen.  The pictures will explain how amazing that was.  We had a large group of missionaries and ward members (about 16 of us) that went up to the top.  It was quite a hike, it took about an hour and a half to get up.  There was a nice rain going through, so it felt so good and refreshing.  We got to the top, about a 600+ meter drop and I hung my feet off the side!  I was so scared!! However, it was by far the best day I've had here in Norway.  To add to it, we drove back through the country (as the sun was shining) and the pictures are the product of this amazing day.  I love this place, I love the people (I was so happy watching all the Norwegians show their pride for their country), and I love being a missionary here.  I have had many amazing experiences, many different thoughts as to where I want to take my life.  Lately, I have been considering living out here in Europe and being an active participant in helping the church grow.  Especially - as there are new temples underway (Rome, Paris) - some of my favorite places.  My ultimate goal here as a missionary is to get a temple here in Norway.  That will be my most favorite accomplishment!

I hope everyone is doing well! I am sorry that I will not be able to respond to many this week, I have printed off your letters and will be reading them! I love you all and am very grateful for this opportunity! I hope everyone is doing well!

Eldste Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment