Monday, July 15, 2013

Livet er Vakkert


Hello everyone!!

What an amazing week it is!!!  I will first start with an amazing missionary story.  Last Sunday, a family in the ward made an appointment for us to invite an investigator of ours to dinner. The family and this 21-year old guy have been friends for quite some time.  We hadn't had dinner at their home yet, it was actually through another member in the ward how we found this guy.  Maybe a little complicated, but two families in the ward know this investigator, which it results in the best missionary success.  So we had dinner with the family (parents are converts in their youth) and the investigator.  After the dinner, we invited him to learn about the Plan of Salvation.  After the first part, in which we tell that we actually lived with our Heavenly Father before this life, he responded with, "this sounds familiar" and that he had already believed that.  It sort of caught us off-guard.  They talk about 'people being prepared' but this much . . . So we continued through the Plan and answered many questions.  At the end of it, we shared with him 'his potential' as a Son of God.  He had already had the belief that we teach.  He was literally prepared.

So, our investigator went home that night.  Apparently, he talked about our church the rest of the night with his friend.  The next day, we had a sport activity in which he attended.  The following Sunday, he brought his best friend to Sacrament Meeting.  Of course, the talks were all based on nothing other than the Plan of Salvation.  The friend of his who originally referred us to him - gave a talk on that subject.  It was unbelievable, just to see the hand of the Lord in the work!  It is such an uplifting feeling to know that people are prepared.  They are our friends and neighbors.  We just need to have the faith to invite them, then miracles can happen.

Speaking of miracles to happen . . . My sister who was going through IVF, is pregnant.  I came on my mission to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and also to witness miracles.  That I am doing.  I am a witness to everyone that my Heavenly Father lives.  He knows us.  He loves us. He wants us to be happy and to have success.  We just need to exercise our faith in Him.  However big or small that will be, He will reward us for that.

Another amazing thing to report on is the engagement of two of my amazing friends!  Jessica Pool and Richard Mulnix!  That is another miracle which has come to pass.  I knew that it would happen, I just didn't know how.  Just as I didn't exactly know when my Heavenly Father wanted me to be a missionary; I started getting unmistakable impressions and now I am here.  I witness that our Heavenly Father only wants the best for us.  We will never go through trials that are big enough for us to overcome.  A scripture that has taken a lot of meaning to me comes in Luke 22:31-32. "After we have become converted to the Lord, he desires us to strengthen our brethren."  That is what I am here to do as a missionary.  I have been converted.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us.  If we exercise faith in Him and His Son Jesus Christ, we can become instruments in His hands and witness unbelievable miracles!


No comments:

Post a Comment