Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lots of Exciting Things to Share!

Hello everyone!!

I am so grateful this week! Tons of exciting updates!

First, my sister Stephanie is officially pregnant with TWINS!  After her IVF cycle, she is now pregnant with 2 little people!  I get to come home to amazing blessings after this great experience!

Second, I passed my driving test here in Norway!  This allows me to drive here throughout the mission.  It also means that I can drive anywhere in Europe!  I currently have dual-citizenship (US & French citizenship)!  So, now I will have a driver's license, and I'll get to take that just about everywhere I go!

Third, the work is so great!  We had many great teaches this week.  Great progress . . . people coming to church.  I taught a simple lesson at church on Sunday - glad that is over with (it was about work and personal responsibility)!  We also have a baptismal date with one of our investigators.  This man is an alcoholic.  A few weeks ago he told us, "I drink and drink and drink because I feel empty."  So, of course the gospel can fill that.  Just look up 3 Nephi 27:16 - "Whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled."  I know this gospel will fill his life, I just hope he continues to invite the Spirit into his life.

Fourth, I was told this past week that I will be transfered to a new area in the coming transfer.  I will be training a new missionary coming in and also assuming a leadership role.  I wish not to include the titles of my calling though.  I don't feel that it is something to post in a blog . . . but I am extremely excited for my new callings!  I continue to be prepared by the Lord.  He has helped me tremendously!

I love the miracles that I get to see.  I love sharing the gospel with others - helping them receive the message of the Restoration.  Joseph Smith was called to reestablish a perfect work.  I have the privilege to share that message with others and nothing has brought me more satisfaction than to invite others to build their relationship with a loving Heavenly Father.  I am grateful for my relationship with my Father in Heaven and I am so grateful for the work He has called me to perform.

I hope everyone has an excellent week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello elder Holden

    My name is Alban, I am 27, and I live in Albania! I became a member of the church on March 1st, 2011 and got baptized on March 3rd, in Stockholm, Sweden! I am coming to Oslo, Norway on Oct. 22-nd, 2013 along with a close friend of mine! I wonder if any of you guys could help us find somewhere to stay for a few days since it is our first time going there and we do not know the city at all! This is my email: alban.shaqolli@gmail.com. Please let me know as soon as you can!

    Sincerely, Alban Shaqelli

    ReplyDelete