Monday, January 13, 2014

Knowing That Heavenly Father is Our Loving Heavenly Father

Hello everyone!

This week was my first full week with my companion Elder Lane!  He is really fun to be around - extremely entertaining.  He gets really pumped when we start talking about how we're going to find families!  I really know that we're going to find some families here in Norway who are ready to hear the gospel.

This week was pretty special.  We met with one of my favorite investigators - had about a 2-hour teach about the Plan of Salvation.  We invited her to pray about it.  She came to church on Sunday and the first thing she told me was, "I got an answer from Heavenly Father."  I was so amazed!  She told me some more things that were so amazing to hear about in her life.  It's been amazing to grow with her and see the glow that she has when she walks in the church.  Everyone can see it!

This past week, we went to Oslo for a leadership council with others from the mission.  It was so cool to feel the Spirit and be around the other missionaries.  There were many concerns and thoughts I had going into the meeting.  I felt the Spirit so strongly and had many things that I felt were revelation on how to take the mission and our area forward.  We have some incredible missionaries serving here in Stavanger right now.  There is a quite a bit going on and we just need to keep grinding at it, this is definitely the Lord's work!

This morning, we had the opportunity to join with the youth at Early Morning Seminary starting at 6:30.  We were asked to come and play the Sons of Mosiah (people from the Book of Mormon).  They were once 'the vilest of sinners' and were converted after an incredible series of events.  We 4 elders came to the class and acted like we were the Sons of Mosiah. We had little name tags to hold up and answered a couple questions about our missions.  I was so grateful to be able to be there this morning.  The youth kept asking, "Why did you wake up so early for this?"  The reason being, is we know how important it is for them to really take what they read seriously.  The Book of Mormon has the potential to change anyone's life.  It is only based on their willingness to receive answers and to accept the counsel they receive as they read that book.  I know it is not a huge sacrifice to be participating in this work when you feel the million little blessings you receive while here.

I know how important this work is.  It's important for every single person that is associated in the process.  Even when people, "nei takk" us, I am able to wish them a good day!  The only thing I want anyone to come to know is this knowledge that Heavenly Father is our loving Heavenly Father.  He knows us personally and He just wants us to be happy and successful.  We just need to trust in Him!

I hope everyone has an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment