Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last P-Day in the MTC

Hello everyone!

It is my last P-Day here at the MTC. We leave Monday afternoon at 12:30. Unfortunately, 3 of the 15 missionaries were unable to get Visas so we now will have 12 missionaries in our outgoing group. I'm not entirely sure how the whole visa process works out but I feel bad for my companion Eldste Skinner. He is one of them, but he will be a stud wherever he is temporarily reassigned to. This has been a special week. We were able to have our last teach with an investigator (our teacher posing as an investigator) and we taught of the truthfulness of Joseph Smith as a prophet. It was a pretty special moment for me because I never really experienced the Spirit through my own teaching. It was a growing and learning moment. Very unique. A couple days ago we were able to go to a devotional in which the apostle, M. Russell Ballard, spoke at. The Spirit was so strong in the meeting, as he walked in the room of the gym/devotional, everyone stood and he exuberated an undeniable spirit that he was an apostle of the Lord. Something I can never forget. In the same meeting, my companion and I sang in the choir (with a couple hundred other missionaries). Even though I'm not a singer at all, it was a pretty cool experience.

I am grateful for all the letters I received this week! Unfortunately, I do not have the time to respond to every single one. I will respond to everyone as I am flying on my planes out to Norway. Packing and everything has consumed my day so it's been a bit hectic today.

I was able to host this week again. It was a pretty awesome experience again. I hosted 4 different missionaries, which means I just brought them to their various dorms and classrooms and wish them luck. I got to explain what I know about the MTC and it was a pretty fun experience. During the event, I was able to talk with a sister who was volunteering. She was a mother of some boys, one of which she explained was going to move to Chicago. I then remembered a guy who I met in the Chicago Temple once and dropped his name because thought she might know him. Turns out she does so she is going to let her son know so that he might not be lonely in Chicago as his moves out there.

So now for a story that my mom will not like. Yesterday was my last day of gym here at the MTC. I've done an excellent job of not getting hurt. I didn't play basketball because I figured I would roll an ankle. So instead, I played volleyball and 4-square (yeah elementary school-like but we have fun with it). Anyways, I went up to block a spike that a sister from my district was about to hit. As I jumped up, another sister from our other Norwegian District accidentally hip checked me and I ended up landing straight onto my tailbone. I felt an unbelievable amount of pain in my whole body and managed to get to my knees. I didn't move because I was in such pain. One of the trainers came over and asked me some questions. I was in so much pain I could hardly respond to her. So she brought me into the training room gave me some ice and I just waited out the rest of my last gym day. But the most amazing part of it all, as soon as it happened, I thought I wasn't going to be able to go to Norway because of this freak accident. Then I thought I needed a priesthood blessing. I asked the elders in my district to give me a blessing and they did. Not even 24 hours later I am walking around hardly feeling a thing. I fell from pretty high and I am extremely fortunate for the condition I am in. I just know that priesthood blessings work and that there is a certain individual who does not want me in Norway. But I will be safely traveling there on Monday, so I look forward to it!

I am grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I just went to the temple here in Provo for the last time. There is no temple in Norway (for now) and I look forward to being a part of the work to bring one to be. I am blessed to have an amazing family, and an excellent support group of friends. I know this is the best work I can be a part of and I hope that everyone, everywhere is able to exercise their faith in whatever degree they choose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment