Monday, December 1, 2014

President Evans

Hey everyone!!

This week was quite exciting!  I was sent to Oslo to serve with my new companion, Elder Parkinson!  I have very little time left here on the mission, but recently, it has been very exciting to be going around and sharing the gospel!

This past week, I served half in Sandvika and half in Oslo.  We found a lot of different people to teach - both from knocking on doors and by contacting on the streets.  It has been quite an adjustment to get back to full-time finding.  However, as I ponder on the thoughts of the experiences I've had from working closely with President Evans, I am so grateful to have seen his example.  He is an extremely focused man and has a deep care for the missionaries to whom he serves.  I have a lot of respect for his example, and I am grateful that I've been sent here to be a missionary to learn from him.

The best lesson I feel that I've learned from him - is consecration.  Through his example, and by the spiritual thoughts that he has shared; they have helped me to understand how to not only sacrifice, but to follow the Lord in His example.  I am so grateful for the opportunities that I have in serving here in Norway - it has been the greatest blessing that I've been able to enjoy!

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment