Monday, November 24, 2014

A Final Move to Oslo

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, this upcoming week, Elder Skinner and I will be broken up again!  Last week, we prepared a moves game plan, purchased plane and train tickets.  After all of the administrative work, we finally were able to get to the streets!  It felt so good to be out!

At one point, we were out knocking on some doors in a particular area.  When Elder Skinner looked at an area of houses, we decided we were going to knock the doors - no success, but Elder Skinner just wanted to keep going!  We ended up walking across this busy street and walking to a highly unlikely area.  He was determined to keep going.  He found a neighborhood to keep knocking and we made our way up.  Along the way, we were laughing and thinking, "Where in the world are we?!"  Eventually, we knocked on the door of a family of Christians.  They wanted us to come back and help with some service!  It was quite cool!  As we were walking back to our car, we crossed paths with a man who told us that he was a member of the church . . . I experience instances like these time and time again, and I know that this work is Heavenly Father's - He just allows us to be part of it and witness that He really is real!

This week, I will be moving to Oslo to serve with Elder Parkinson.  He is formerly from Minnesota, so we get to be a solid Midwest connection!  I look forward to serving with him, he's an up-and-coming stud in the mission!  It'll be fun to spend some time in Oslo - the big city of Norway with plenty of people to talk to!!

I am quite content with the mission that I have been blessed with.  We still have some quality time left here, but I am constantly thinking about how blessed I have been to serve in this beautiful land - at this perfect time.  I keep learning more and more from my Mission President and I realize that I was sent to this mission to learn from him.  I admire his decisions to diligently serve in faith.  I have been so blessed here by a loving Heavenly Father - whom I have come to know and desire nothing more than to serve Him to the best of my abilities.  I know that we are all children of God - sent here to be tried and proven.  It's not always easy, but as long as we listen to the small promptings He blesses us with, we will succeed in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment