Monday, November 4, 2013

Witnessing the Lord's Hand in Missionary Work

Hello everyone!!

It's been a fast week!  Getting more responsibility seems like it makes the time fly!  I am not complaining in the least bit, though!  It has been quite exciting to be part of this work!!

This past week we had a Missionary Leadership Council in Oslo where we all flew in and discussed different topics for the month of November - how we're going to help the mission go forward.  That was a lot of fun to be a part of!  We also were talking about setting goals for next year, and it was cool to be talking about getting the wards and the missionaries on the same page so that we can help each other progress this work forward!

We finally met with a guy named Constantin this week.  He has been learning about the church for about a year now and has not decided to join quite yet.  He knows the Book of Mormon is true, but he is having a difficult time overcoming a couple things.  So, when I got back here I gave him a call and he was extremely excited that I was called to serve back in Stavanger.  He told me that last time he was sad in his heart because he was not able to have me over for dinner before I left.  Since I served in Sandnes, I was never able to come in and eat with him and his wife.  Now that I am his missionary he is pretty excited about it!  I am also very excited about it!!

There was another woman who came to my mind a couple weeks ago.  I gave her a call and she had told me that her mother was sick and that she needed the blessings, so she would have us missionaries over within the week.  When the week passed, I gave her a call and found out that her mother had passed away.  Quite sad - but it is very interesting to see the hand of the Lord place impressions in my mind to call someone I had actually never even met before - I had only heard about her.  We will be going to her home tonight to give her a blessing and share with her the Plan of Salvation.  I know that it is God's Plan for his children here on Earth and I am grateful to be able to share it with people.

Miracles happen every day on this mission.  There was an unbelievable story that was shared at MLC this past week.  Something about a mute homeless man giving the missionaries the address to a place that they needed to find in order to meet with a man who was baptized within 4 days of meeting him! It's absolutely incredible to see and hear how God works.  He loves us!  All He wants for us is to be happy and to find success in this short life!  It is only through His work that we can find the most satisfying happiness!

I hope everyone has an excellent week filled with miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment