Monday, February 24, 2014

Splits with the Mission President and Our Influence on Others

Hello everyone!

This has been quite a special week for me!  Tuesday, as we were walking down the street about to prepare to contact people - I ran into a member that used to live here in Stavanger and recently moved to Haugesund.  It was great to see him, then I immediately thought of an investigator I had wanted to teach him with!  So I called the investigator and we immediately had a lesson at that moment.  It was so fun to see what the Lord does as I have felt so comfortable becoming so well-acquainted with the members here - to the point we can get a member to help teach on the spot!  That was just the start...

Tuesday night, President and his wife came to Stavanger to give us interviews and to also come on teaching splits with me and my companion!  That night, we taught our very incredible investigator who I have been teaching for the past 4 months.  We invited her to pray about baptism and she said she would!  It was a very spiritual teach - it always is with her!  I just hope that I get to see her be baptized - it would be a very special meeting!

The next day we were interviewed by President and Sister Evans!  Sister Evans said to me, "you've had a good mission haven't you?"  I couldn't help but just say that I was so grateful for everything that has happened as a result of my decision to serve.  Things you could never see beforehand, but only a step of faith brings miracles that I've witnessed and been blessed with!  My life has changed tremendously, because I have chosen to follow the Savior!

Later in the week, I got a little sick from not enough sleep and not enough water, but I'm doing fine now!  I'm drinking and going to sleep earlier - so it's been a good recovery!  I was also told by one of the members that I should start eating sardines!  I am officially going to become Norwegian in my diet!  Although, Norwegians don't really even eat that!  I'm just going to become the 'stereotypical' Norwegian.

The last thing I'd like to share . . . We were eating dinner at a member family's home this weekend.  We were discussing how we had visited their less-active son.  They were surprised that we had done so and said that missionaries rarely got in or would even visit him!  I told them that he let us in and that we met him for a little while.  Then, one of the members of the family told me that their brother thought there was something different about me - that he liked me and that was probably why he allowed me in.  I was very humbled to hear her say that.  You never realize the impact you have on people, especially when you're about the Lord's business.

We all have our own specific people to influence on our own life's missions.  Sometimes we fail miserably, other times we succeed greatly.  I am grateful for my decision to serve as a missionary for this church.  It has been the most special experience in my life and I look forward to the next 11-months of growth that I will continue to embark on!

I hope everyone has continued growth and happiness in life!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment