Monday, April 14, 2014

Faith in Action

Hello everyone!!

This last week we had a Leadership Meeting in Oslo.  All of the Zone Leaders and District Leaders came together to be taught by our Mission President about how we can be the most effective leaders.  I think back to an article I read before my mission - found in the Bloomberg Businessweek titled, "God's MBAs: Why Mormon Missions Produce Leaders".  I remember reading that and being impressed by how the world sees this experience.  All I can say, as someone who is currently going through it is that I am so grateful to my Mission President - a successful man that is inspired by God to progress the Lord's work here in this beautiful country.
He taught us about integrity and what a true leader is - one who uplifts and inspires in all things.  He taught us from the scriptures, and he taught us from experience.  I am grateful for that man.

Later in the week, we were able to appreciate another baptism in this area!  It's very incredible, but a baptismal service is so simple.  The Bishop here in Drammen goes up and explains that there is nothing more important in the country of Norway on that specific day than that Baptism.  He says that there aren't trumpets played or loud music - but the simplicity and the pureness of that ordinance is real.  It is something that I have really grown to appreciate since coming to Drammen - the importance of Baptism.

The Gospel of Christ - is the most important doctrine that every individual who lives on this Earth should be tied to.  It is something my mission president has insisted on us learning throughout our mission - to have Faith in Jesus Christ, Repent, Baptism (by one holding proper authority), The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End.  I have come to learn how simple, yet how profound this doctrine is.  It changes the hearts of men, as it has changed mine throughout my time being here.  When the Gospel is fully put into practice, you see real results that transform you temporally and set your sights on the eternities.  That is what the gospel does for every individual - and that is what it has done for me.

A mission is the best opportunity of growth that an individual can go through.  Our Heavenly Father hand-picks our missions for us.  He sets us up in situations where we can learn and grow - where He can use us as instruments in His hands.

An example of this . . .There is a man in my home ward back in Rockford, from the Congo.  He was a preacher at another church back in the Congo.  After a series of much prayer and answers from God, this man became converted and joined the church.  I asked my parents to ask this man to write his testimony in Swahili, so I could share it with the people we have been teaching who speak Swahili.  He wrote it and since then, we have been finding more and more people to hand this testimony to.  I know some of these people have been changed just by reading this man's testimony.  It testifies of the sincerity of the one who asks in faith.  We must be willing to act on the answers that God gives us. This I know to be true. This is what I have done in coming on a mission.  I have seen the results of faith in action.  It is real.

I hope everyone has an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment