Monday, April 7, 2014

LDS General Conference April 2014

This General Conference weekend was pretty special!  I felt spiritually filled from the talks that were shared and I am quite content with the mission I've been able serve.  You hear many cliches about missions - how they're the best opportunity to change and grow.  Cliches are quite true though, I have never felt so grateful to sit through sessions of conference and feel that the words that are absolute truth and when we put our faith into action . . . we really receive results.

This past week was a bit difficult, as a lot of people did not show up to our teaches.  However, it did not take away from the fact that as we consistently put forth faith, results come of it!  This coming week we've got appointments set up with families that we are really looking forward to go and visit.  The Lord often times checks to see how willing we are to work and to exercise our faith.  It's been a reoccuring theme throughout my mission, but the results have always been consistent - in His time and in His way.

I've never been more grateful to be serving a mission for the most powerful Being in the universe.  I know that God really does live and answer prayers.  If we don't understand why things are the way they are, we must continually move forward in faith.  Our questions will be answered and our understanding will grow deeper.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that makes me work to fully appreciate the miraculous blessings that I experience.

On a weekly basis, I receive pictures of the miracle baby my sister, Stephanie, and her husband, Steven, have been blessed to raise.  I have never been more grateful to see a fruit of faith than that little baby.  I know that everyone can experience mountains being moved as we focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Whether it be that we have weaknesses that need to be overcome, or trials of faith - we can always turn to Christ and He will show us the way to everlasting happiness.

I hope everyone has an excellent week as we move forward and never back!

No comments:

Post a Comment