Monday, November 10, 2014

Disciples of Christ

Hello everyone!

This past week was pretty nice!  We were able to do our final Zone Conference in Oslo on Tuesday, had a Mission Leadership Council (my last one!), and had to arrange travel and coordinate moves for some of the missionaries.  To top it all off, we are trying to keep our area moving forward - it's not always easy, but it's what we are here for!

Last night, we had an experience where Elder Skinner and I needed to finalize some of the moves details.  Instead of working on it, we decided that we needed to put in some work for our area.  As we prayed, we promised Heavenly Father that we weren't going to be coming home until we find someone to teach.  We went out to an area, where earlier, we felt we should knock.  To our surprise, the second door we knocked, a woman let us in!

The woman worked for Nu Skin - a company based out of Provo, Utah.  She told us that she had been to Salt Lake City before and had seen the temple there.  She talked about the choir and the tabernacle and how it was such a beautiful place!  She was telling us how great the values are for Nu Skin.  It was pretty cool because one of the men who is in management for the company is currently serving as the mission president in France!  She knew all about it and how he sacrificed a few years to focus on the missionary work.  We ended up watching The Restoration movie with her and talking a little bit more about why it was important that a restoration would occur.  It was a good experience and we will be going back to visit with her again!

It was a cool experience to see that the Lord had provided for us when we needed it most.  It is a blessing to know that Heavenly Father does care about us and our concerns.  As I have mentioned in earlier posts, a professor I had at the university I attended before coming on a mission - played a big role in helping me understand that Heavenly Father knew exactly where I was and that He knew my situation.

I emailed that teacher a week ago.  That man is a member of the church and invited me to come to church at a time where I needed it most.  When I wrote him, I thanked him for his faith and, to me, he represented a true Disciple of Christ.  I shared with him some stories from my mission and a picture of the woman that I had the opportunity of baptizing.  It gave me the best happiness that I could share these things with my former professor.

Because of his influence and the other many experiences I have had since then, I know that God knows His children.  I have since become an instrument in giving the same hand of fellowship to several of Heavenly Father's children here on a mission in Norway.  I know without a doubt that He needs each and every one of His children to make a positive impact on others' lives.  It is up to us as individuals to make the correct decisions in bringing many to know of His love.  These are the most important decisions I have made in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment